Mascarpone Portobello Mushrooms Recipe
We love how portobellos are the perfect size and shape to be vessels for almost any stuffing. In this case, we mixed up a delicious tapenade-style mix of olives, anchovies and herbs, and blended it with creamy cream cheese. A sprinkle of parmigiano and a quick turn on the grill and we have incredible appetizers or an amazing side dish.
Yield: 4 servings
Mascarpone Portobello Mushrooms Recipe Instructions
- For Portobellos
- 16 medium portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 3 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- For Stuffing
- 3.5 oz. pitted green olives
- 3 anchovies
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tsp. lemon juice
- 4 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 5-½ oz. mascarpone cheese
- ¾ cups panko
- 2 tbsps. grated Parmigiano
- Season the mushrooms with olive oil and lemon juice and sautee in a skillet over high heat until tender.
- Arrange on a baking sheet – cups up.
- Mix the olives, capers, anchovies, herbs, lemon juice and pepper in a food processor until well combined. Fill the mushroom cups with about 1 tbsp.
- Mix the spinach cream cheese, 1/2 cup panko and season with salt and pepper. Top each mushroom cup with a generous heaping. Sprinkle the leftover panko, a bit of parmigiano and bake for 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately.