Welcome to Everybody Loves Italian. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Cabbage Roll Soup
- 1 Medium cabbage trimmed, quartered and sliced
- 28 oz. Plum tomatoes diced
- 5 Hot Italian Sausages casing removed
- 14 cups Chicken stock
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 Sweet onion sliced
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tsp. Hot pepper flakes optional
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a pot and heat over medium heat. Add the sausage and sauté until golden brown and mostly cooked through, breaking it up into small pieces as you cook.
- Add another drizzle of olive oil and then add in the onion. Sauté for about two minutes.
- Next, add in the cabbage and mix until fully combined and slightly tender. Pour in the diced tomatoes, bay leaves and the hot pepper flakes and mix together for about two minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock, enough until it fully covers the ingredients. Allow to cook for fifteen minutes, making sure to occasionally stir.
- Once cooked for fifteen minutes, stir in the arborio rice and cook for another fifteen minutes until the rice is cooked.
- Remove from the stove and enjoy. Salute and cin cin!