Calamari alla Marchigiana
Calamair Alla Marchigiana
- 1 and 3/4 lbs small squid, cleaned
- 1 fresh flatleaf parsley sprig, chopped
- 2 salted anchovies5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 tablespoons white wine
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the anchovy heads, clean and fillet them.
- Soak in cold water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Chop the anchovy fillets.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan with the garlic and parsley.
- Add the squid and anchovies.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and 2-3 tablespoons water.
- Simmer gently for about 20 minutes until tender. Serves 4.