Calamari Alla Marinara
- 2 pounds (1kg) cleaned squid bodies and tentacles, bodies sliced into 1/2-inch rings and large tentacles halved
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 6 small tomatoes, cored, peeled cut into pieces
- 1 red bell peppers, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pour the olive oil into a heavy sauté pan set over medium heat.
- Add the calamari and sauté, turning once or twice, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, bell peppers,parsley, oregano and cook over low heat until the liquid begins to thicken.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately. Now add your precooked calamari to the pan and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook over moderately high heat until browned, about 5-6 minutes. Flip the calamari and cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Serve hot.