Welcome to Everybody Loves Italian. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Chicken with Thyme, Lemon and White Wine
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Strip the leaves from the thyme sprigs. Add the thyme leaves to the melted butter and let them cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through. Remove to a plate, cover with foil, and keep warm.
- To the same skillet you used for the chicken, add the white wine. Let it reduce, scraping the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to pick up any browned bits. After the wine is reduced, add the chicken stock and bring it to a bubble. Reduce the heat and return the chicken to the pan. Let it cook for a few more minutes in the sauce.
- Just before serving, squirt the lemon juice over the skillet.