Homemade Pasta Dough Recipe
Total Time 30 min
Step 1: Make the pasta dough
- Put 00 flour onto a cold surface and use a fork to form a well in center. Season the center of the well with salt and add olive oil.
- Crack eggs into bowl and gently whisk together.
- Add a third of whisked eggs into well.
- Use the fork to gradually incorporate flour into the eggs.
- Once mostly soaked in, add another third, continuing to mix into the flour, careful not to let eggs slide out.
- Create another well in the middle of the flour and egg mixture and add the remaining egg, combining until the dough looks like crumbs.
- Once all the egg is incorporated, flour your hands and begin forming a ball. Continue to flour your hands and knead the ball of dough until firm and elastic, turning and twisting the ball for about 10 minutes.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and rest for at least 20 minutes before rolling.