3 medium-sized potatoes
Fresh or dried beans, 250 gr
Speck, 80 grams (just for gourmands like me)
1 celery rib
Sage 3/4 leaves
1 bunch parsley
1 clove of garlic
Extra virgin olive oil, 4 tablespoons
To prepare the soup of potatoes and beans, started putting in cold water to soak the dried beans (if using fresh ones omit this) for about 10/12 hours. Then bake for 15 minutes in a pressure cooker with salt water (if you want you can also add a carrot and a leg celery) or for about 40 minutes in a regular pot. After cooking, drain retaining water. Meanwhile peeled the onion, carrot and celery
(1) and chop finely, peel the potatoes and cut into small cubes, chop half the bacon. In a pan, you place the olive oil and add the garlic, the chopped onion, carrot and celery and sage leaves
(2), let them dry and then add the chopped Speck
(3) When the bacon is browned, add the diced potatoes
(4) and let them brown. Then add 4/5 ladles of the cooking beans
(5) and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, that is, until the potatoes are tender, add more water if necessary cooking Add salt and pepper well and if you prefer to delete the clove of garlic that has released its aroma. Finally add the cooked pinto beans
(6) and cook everything for a further two minutes. Taken about half of the soup and chop finely with an immersion blender. Add the velvety thus obtained to the rest of the soup
(7), sprinkle finally with fresh chopped parsley. Serve the soup with potatoes and beans piping hot with grated parmesan cheese and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil raw!
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.