51 Views 0 Comments
Pappa al Pomodoro
Cook time minutes
Servings Serves 4
1 Small Pint of Cherry Tomatoes, washed and dried
1 28 oz Can of Italian Peeled Crushed Tomatoes
1 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus a little extra to roast the cheery tomatoes
2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
1 Small Roasted Red Bell pepper, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 Cups of Day Old Italian Bread, cubed
1 Cup or so of Water
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) Toss the cherry tomatoes with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast them for about 15 to 20 minutes or until they start to get brown and caramelize.
3) In a medium size soup pot over medium high heat, sautee the olive oil and garlic until fragrant, add the crushed tomatoes and cook for about 1 minute. Pour about 1 ¼ cup of water in the can of crushed tomatoes that has some sauce left over in it, add it to the crushed tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
4) Add the roasted cherry tomatoes and the chopped roasted pepper to the crushed tomato and water mixture and cook for a couple more minutes.
5) Turn the heat off and add the cubes of bread and fresh basil. Let sit for about 5 minutes and dig in!