Spaghetti with tomatoes, olives, anchovies and capers, that is the “Puttanesca” sauce, is a first course from the traditional Puglia cuisine.
How to Make the Puttanesca Pasta Recipe
- Bring salted water to a boil. D not exaggerate with salt since the ingredients you will add are quite salty.
- Fry garlic and chili in a frying pan with oil.
- As the garlic is slightly golden, add the anchovy fillets first, then the tomato pulp. Crush the tomatoes with a fork so that they release the juice and let them cook over a slow heat for about 15 minutes until they begin to dry.
- When the water is boiling, cook the spaghetti.
- Meanwhile, remember to remove the garlic cloves, if you only like the smell, add capers and black olives.
- Cook a few minutes more.
- Drain the spaghetti “al dente”, and add them into the sauce. Leave on the fire one more minute to make them mix well with the sauce.
Serve with a glass of red wine.