To get the most flavor out of your ingredients make sure that both the burrata and the tomatoes are room temperature. Serve it on a big platter as an appetizer or share it as a dinner for two with grilled bread and a chilled bottle of Prosecco.
3-4 large tomatoes sliced into half inch slabs – use heirloom varieties for color and flavor
4 heaping TBSP of DB Pesto Sauce
2 TBSP of DB Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A pinch of flaky salt like J.Q. Dickinson Heirloom Sea Salt
- Arrange the slices of tomato on a large platter.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with flaky salt.
- Arrange two burrata in the middle of the tomatoes and tear into their middles allowing them to ooze.
- Generously drizzle pesto all over the platter.
- Follow up with another drizzle of olive oil.