Share a Family Recipe Passatelli shared by Carol Sora Cook
Description of Recipe Soup
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: About 10 minutes
Yield: About 10
Amount and Ingredient
- 4 cups bread crumbs, I use Dried Italian crumbs
- 4 cups Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 8 eggs,depending on the feel of the dough, sometimes not all 8 are needed or 1 extra might be needed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- About 8 to 10 cups chicken broth
- Mix bread crumbs with cheese.
- Make a well.
- Grate lemon zest and nutmeg over mixture. Grind a little fresh pepper on top. Break eggs into center of well. Mix with fork and then with hands until well mixed.
- This where to decide on the number of eggs. Let rest for about 15 minutes.
- Put the dough through meat grinder. I use my Kitchenaid food grinder without the cutter. I use the course blade. Cut them off at 4 or 5 inches.
- Spread on kitchen towel covered cookie sheets to dry for a few minutes.
- Bring chicken broth to a light boil and drop in the Passatelli, once they rise to top, cook for a few minutes more. Use caution to not allow a rapid boil.
Carol Sora Cook