Welcome to Everybody Loves Italian.
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Spring Vegetable Pasta
10 oz of Short Cut Pasta such as penne, bow ties
2 Zucchini, diced
1 Yellow Squash, diced
4oz of Asparagus, trimmed and diced
4oz of Button Mushrooms, quartered
2 cups of Broccoli Florets
1 Red or Orange Bell Pepper, diced
2 cups of Halved Cherry Tomatoes
4 Cloves of Garlic
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
3 cups of Baby Spinach
Fresh Chopped Basil
½ cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous sprinkle of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet over medium high heat, add the olive oil and allow it to get nice and hot.
3) Add the bell peppers and mushrooms and saute for about 4 to 5 minutes or until they soften and develop some color. Add the garlic, broccoli florets, yellow squash, zucchini asparagus and thyme leaves. Season with salt and pepper to taste and saute the veggies for about 10 minutes or until they develop some color and cook down a bit.
4) While the veggies are about half way cooked through, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water.
5) Add the cherry tomatoes and cook them for about 2 minutes, add the starchy water, spinach and butter and cook them long enough to melt the butter and thicken the sauce a bit.
6) Drain the pasta and place it back in the hot pot, add the basil and parmiggiano and stir everything together well to coat the pasta with the sauce.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.