Welcome to Everybody Loves Italian. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Tuscan Baked Eggs
- eggs (2 per person)
- tomato sauce (any kind you have on hand)
- 1/2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp chopped thyme
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- parmigiano reggiano cheese
- salt & pepper
- rustic bread, toasted
- Lightly butter the bottom of a gratin dish. Spoon a few tablespoons of tomato sauce into the dish, covering the entire bottom with a layer of sauce. With a spoon, make two small wells in the sauce for the eggs. Gently crack the two eggs into those wells. Add some salt & pepper. Sprinkle the rosemary and thyme over the eggs and sauce, then the parmigiano reggiano, then lastly the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake at 400 degrees for roughly 25-30 minutes, or until the eggs reach the consistency you prefer and the sauce and cheese are bubbling.