Welcome to Everybody Loves Italian. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Zucchini and Eggs – A great way to start your day.
Zucchini and Eggs
Zucchini and Eggs are a great way to help you use all those zucchini that are growing in your garden. I remember my father making this for us on Saturday mornings and we though it was such a fantastic treat. He would venture into the garden and come back with zucchini and we would watch him make breakfast. Dad gave us the responsibility of making the toast. The memories this dish brings back are wonderful.
This is a very simple recipe and you can alter it to your liking. You can add a few basil leaves, maybe a tomato, or even use mozzarella cheese instead or parmesan. Regardless of how you make it, you are going to love it. Share it with you family and make some memories of your own.
PREP 15 mins
COOK 15 mins
READY IN 30 mins
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick
- 1 Clove of Garlic smashed or through a garlic press.
- 1/4 Medium onion sliced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Stir the eggs and Parmesan cheese together in a bowl; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- cook the zucchini and onion in the hot oil until softened and lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium
- pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook, stirring gently, for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and cover.
- Keep covered off the heat until the eggs set, about 2 minutes more.