40 Views 0 Comments
Braided Nutella Bread
Preparation1 hours 20 minutes
Cook time25 minutes
Servings Makes 2 loaves
1 Package of Dry Yeast
1/2 cup of Whole Milk
1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup of Water, warmed up to 115 degrees
1 tsp of Salt
1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, melted
3-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
About 1 cup of Nutella
- 1) In a small bowl, add the water, yeast and 1 tsp of the sugar. Set aside for 5 minutes
- 2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix together the flour, remaining sugar and salt.
- 3) Add the melted butter, milk and yeast mixture, mix it until it comes together, then with the speed on medium, let it knead for about 7 minutes or until you have a smooth dough.
- 4) Place the dough into an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place it a warm spot to rise and double in volume, about an hour.
- 5) Divide your dough in half, roll it out to about 10” rectangle, smear the surface with some of the Nutella and roll it tightly like a jelly roll starting from one of the longer sides.
- 6) Cut the loaf in half lengthwise (the inside will be exposed) and roll it in a two strand braid making sure to pinch the top and bottom ends to seal it, place it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and repeat the same process with the other half of the dough.
- 7) Cover them loosely with a kitchen towel and place them somewhere warm to rest for about half an hour, meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 8) Bake the bread for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown all around, allow to cool and dig in!!