Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Frittata Recipe
A delicious combination of flavors and textures, this healthy prosciutto and goat cheese frittata is a protein and antioxidant powerhouse, packed full with healthy spinach and protein-loaded eggs. You can prepare this in advance and serve it cold, or warm it up with a few minutes in the oven. Substitute Prosciutto with Serrano or Iberico, and if you’re not into goat cheese, any soft cheese will do.
Yield: 6 servings
Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Frittata Recipe Instructions
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk + 3 tablespoons
- 2 ½ tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup red onion, chopped
- 4 and ½ cups spinach, chopped
- 9 slices Prosciutto ham cut into strips about 1/2 inch wide
- 8 oz. soft fresh goat cheese like Capricho de Cabra, cubed
- Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl until smooth and well mixed. Add parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside
- Heat olive oil in 10-inch frying pan over medium heat. Add the red onion and sautee about 3 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add the onions to the eggs with the spinach, Serrano ham and goat cheese, mix gently
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil into the pan where you cooked the onion and add pour the frittata mixture, cover with a lid and cook on medium heat until the egg mixture is completely set in the center, about 15 a 18 minutes. If it gets too brown in the base, lower the heat to minimum.
- Serve with a fresh baby greens salad