1 bunch of large leaves arugula (with stem removed about 4 oz.)
tablespoons of Italian parsley, finely chopped
a few tablespoons of water
Large pan or basin to combine ingredients
1. If making sausages in links, rinse the salted hog’s casing with cold water and set on the side.
Remove stems from arugula and discard. Cut leaves into 1 inch strips and place in a large basin filled with cold water. Gently swirl around the arugula to let any dirt fall at bottom of basin. Lift leaves out of the water and set on side .Rinse the arugula 2 or 3 times, until all sand is washed away. Transfer on a colander to drain and place on a kitchen towel to dry. If arugula is not available use curly endive, also called chicory or dandelion. Throw away any damaged leaves, remove and discard stems and follow above instruction for cleaning, cutting and rinsing the vegetable; however the chicory or dandelion must be cooked for 10 minutes in a pot with boiling salted water, stirring occasionally. Transfer on a colander to drain, squeeze out the water and place on kitchen towels to dry and to cool.
2. In a large pan or basin, combine thoroughly the ground pork with all the ingredients. Cover and place into the refrigerator for a few hours to build up more taste and to blend all flavors.
3. Make the links following the instructions on the sausage stuffing tool, to complete the process. Hang the sausages for a few hours, and ideally, storage overnight into the refrigerator, before cooking them.
4. If you do not use the casing, divide the sausage meat into 15 equal portions and form into the shape of sausages or patties. Work very quickly so the meat will not get warm.
5. Storage for a few hours into the refrigerator and then cook the skinless sausages or the patties in your preferred method
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.