Lasagna Classica alla Bolognese (Classic Italian Bolognese Lasagna)
Lasagna Classica alla Bolognese
Lasagna is one of those dishes that everyone loves. Everyone has someone in their family that makes the best lasagna. Who in your family makes the best lasagna?
Classic Italian Bolognese Lasagna
Servings: 4 – 6
Total time: 2 hrs 30 min
– 1 recipe Bolognese Meat Sauce
– 1 recipe Besciamella Sauce
– 1 box pasta for lasagna or 1 recipe Homemade Pasta for Cannelloni and Lasagna
– Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line an oven safe baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Prepare the pasta for the lasagna according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Spoon a generous spoonful or 2 of the meat sauce onto the parchment paper in the bottom of the baking dish. Spread the sauce around well to evenly coat the parchment paper at the bottom of the dish.
4. Add the first layer of pasta to the baking dish, and then spoon a generous spoonful of the meat sauce over the pasta. Spread the meat sauce evenly over the pasta, making sure to reach the corners so that the pasta does not dry out during baking. The layer should not be too thick but should cover the pasta in the pan well.
5. Spoon a thin layer of the besciamella sauce over the meat sauce. Make sure to distribute the sauce evenly over the meat sauce. Sprinkle the top of the besciamella layer with a light dusting of the grated parmigiano.
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have used at least 4 layers of pasta.
7. Over the last layer of pasta, spoon a small amount of the meat sauce over the top of the pasta to create a thin layer over the top of the pasta. If there is any tomato sauce left with the meat, distribute a thin layer of it over the top of the pasta. Sprinkle a generous dusting of parmigiano over the top of the lasagna.
8. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and place the dish in the bottom rack of the oven. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
9. After 25 – 30 minutes, uncover the lasagna and bake another 10 minutes more to brown the cheese on top.
10. When the lasagna is finished cooking, remove it from the oven and let it cool for approximately 10 minutes before serving. Serve with extra parmigiano.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.