seeds from 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste (or extract)
1/2 cup of olive oil (go extra-virgin if you like a bit of extra flavour, like I do)
1/2 cup of buttermilk
1-2/3 cup of self raising flour
3/4 cup blueberries
1. Preheat your oven to 180 C, 350 F. Grease and flour a bundt cake tin or a loaf tin
2. Beat the eggs with sugar until pale and fluffy
3. Add lemon zest, vanilla and oil and whisk well
4. Add the flour and mix gently, alternating with the buttermilk to create a smooth batter. Fold the berries through . Then pour into tin and top with some more berries.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes if using a loaf tin and 40-45 is using a bundt, or until golden and a cooked through. Insert a wooden skewer in the centre of the cake to make sure it’s baked to perfection. If it comes out clean, happy times! Otherwise give it another 5 minutes in the oven
6. Cool at room temperature in its tin for at least 1 hour, before turning out onto a platter
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.